Sunday, March 23, 2008

Latest on Sheryl Crow and Adopted Son, Wyatt

Sheryl Crow says becoming a mother allowed her to "love freely".
The 'If It Makes You Happy' singer, who adopted 10-month-old son Wyatt in May last year, also revealed motherhood inspired her to write songs for her new album 'Detours'.
She said: "I was working on my new record when Wyatt was just three weeks old. He had such an influence on me - I could love something freely for the first time. I felt an urgency.
"I wanted to write about the war, climate change, what I thought about love. I wasn't worried what people would think of me."
The 46-year-old singer added: "I began the adoption process right after I finished my radiation treatment. I have always felt like I was meant to be a mom. I used to think you need a mom and dad to start a family.
"I don't think the idea of adopting or using a sperm donor should ever feel like a consolation prize. I am so glad I have this little guy. I have a strong family unit now, and he's going to grow up with love."
source

Related Posts by Categories



No comments:

Post a Comment